Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm turning into my mom...

Do you ever have those moments where you go "Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents!" Well, my mom and I have always looked alike, and we have a lot in common, both in interests and personality, so it's not really surprising that I'm turning into her. Here are my moments of realization that, wow, I really am going to be just like that lady:

I forgot about a cup of coffee in the microwave today. About 20% of the time, if it is in the afternoon and I happen to be at my parents house, the house I grew up in since I was 9 months old, I will find something forgotten in the microwave. It is often coffee, but sometimes it is leftovers that she hasn't yet remembered to eat for lunch during her hectic schedule of accomplishing everything. She could win any contest at getting things done, but "Remember that coffee in the microwave" doesn't show up on her todo list.

I sing the weirdest songs to my cat. As long as I have been alive, my mom has had a silly streak. Whether it's singing to the dog or still to this day refering to me as "Wizzers," she just may be the goofiest person I have ever lived with. She turns everything into a song, whether anybody is listening or not. I have always been a fan of singing, and around my new cat Olive, my singing has gotten sillier and sillier.

Despite her silliness, I must recognize that I could do much worse than to turn into my mom. Remember that old Army slogan "We do more before 9am than most people do all day?" That's her. She is one of the most efficient people I know. She finds time to be silly, and I'm lucky to be so close with her.

Me and mom after our travels through Europe.

3 comments: